Friday 4 January 2013

Apology to the cockatoo

It seems I was mistaken when I accused the cockatoos of munching away at my sunflower in a recent post.  On my usual jaunt to feed the chooks in the morning I stumbled upon the real culprit sitting atop the flower stem supping on sunflower seeds.  I raced back in to get the camera and managed a quick shot before they wised up to my whereabouts and were off.
Pale-headed rosella (Platycercus adscitus) sampling the sunflower
So my humblest apology to the cockatoos for my wrongful accusations.  I should have picked on another parrot instead.  Although in a way I'm glad I was wrong; I haven't seen these beautiful birds in my backyard for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment or question, they will be published as soon as possible after review to avoid spam. This usually takes less than a day.