Wednesday 14 November 2012

Raspberry and other garden delights

It's starting to feel a lot like summertime in the garden.  The spring flowers are well and truly out, the weather is warm, we've had our first summer rain (although more would definitely be appreciated) and today I harvested my first raspberry.  Nothing beats a fresh warm raspberry straight from the bush. It's a rare occasion that any make it inside.  I'd have to say it now even trumps my all-time favourite the strawberry.


It's a glorious day with not a cloud in the sky.  Not too hot with a gentle breeze blowing.  It's a lovely day to be outside so I thought I'd show you some of the flowers that are in bloom at the moment.

Pansies always brighten the trip to the washing line with their smiling faces.
This verbena has perked up with some more water but the others are still sulking.

The neighbour next door gave me some of these bulbs - he said they were daylillies but they're actually aztec/jacobean lilly.  This is their second flowering and I'm delighted because we only had one last year. (Sprekelia formosissima)

Dance your hearts out ladies.  
(Oncidium sphacelatum)

Hopefully I'll be able to divide this gladiolus next year.  This is the second flower spike.  The bulb came up on its own a couple of  years ago and has been giving me a beautiful flower spike each year since then.
(Gladiolus ?dalenii)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment or question, they will be published as soon as possible after review to avoid spam. This usually takes less than a day.